Environmental Enhancement and Mitigation
Environmental enhancement and 'mitigation' is often required following an ecological survey. This includes measures to reduce the impact of a proposed development during works and/or provide compensatory habitat to off-set or enhance a site following works.
Nurture Ecology are in a unique position in that we have a highly skilled team who undertake the ecology survey, and a separate dedicated Nurture Habitats team who implement any environmental enhanement and mitigation measures required 'on the ground'. This ensures a seamless and highly effective 'one stop' service.
Environmental enhancement and mitigation services we provide include:
- Habitat management plans to show environmental gain
- Habitat creation, including hibernaculas, dry stone walls, wildlife ponds, hedgerow planting, wildlife gardening, etc
- Wildlife trapping and translocation
- Exclusion fencing, to prevent animals from re-entering a development site
- Ecological supervision when stripping a site where protected wildlife is known to be present
- Supply and installation of bat and bird boxes, hedgehog houses etc.
- Ecological Clerk of Works
The Nurture Ecology team are very professional as weel as being practical in understanding the need to keep the project moving forward. We have no hesitation in recommending Nurture Ecology to their prospective clients and will no doubt be using their services on our future developments
Mark Le Boutillier, Director of GR Langlois