What is there to know about Mitigation?
'Mitigation' is often required following an ecological survey, and includes measures to reduce the impact of the proposed development during works, or provide compensatory habitat to off-set or enhance a site following works.
Nurture Ecology are in a unique position in that we have a highly skilled team that can undertake the ecology survey, and a separate dedicated lands team that can implement any mitigation measures required 'on the ground'. This ensures a seamless and highly effectoive 'one stop' service.
Mitigation services we provide include;
- Exclusion fencing, to prevent animals from re-entering a development site
- Ecological supervision, should protected species be found during initial site stripping works on sensitive sites
- Habitat creation, including hibernaculas, dry stone walls, wildlife ponds, hedgerow planting
- Supply and installation of bat and bird boxes
- Ecological Clerk of Works
See what some of our clients have to say about our land management services
The Nurture Ecology team are very professional as weel as being practical in understanding the need to keep the project moving forward. We have no hesitation in recommending Nurture Ecology to their prospective clients and will no doubt be using their services on our future developments
Mark Le Boutillier, Director of GR Langlois