A green retaining wall is a natural and robust solution for a variety of landscaping applications, such as:
- Retaining slope or wall
- Erosion control
- River or stream banks
- Pond edging
- Tiering in steeper landscaping
- Coastal land reclaim, stabilisation and protection
- Site levelling and land optimisation
Green retaining walls are an engineered, vegetated retaining wall solution. These resilient green structures have the retaining power of ‘hard materials’ such as concrete or gabions yet are an organic solution proven to be great alternative in many landscapes.
We are the Channel Islands' distributor of Flex MSE®, a patented soft building technology by Gravitas International. With this we create attractive and nature-beneficial vegetated walls that can control erosion, maximise usable land and be a beautiful feature in its own right. Nurture Ecology is an accredited installer of Flex MSE.
Benefits of Green Retaining Walls:
- Highly cost-effective in comparison to concrete, stone or metal framework alternatives
- Easy to maintain and highly resilient engineered retaining structures
- A sustainable system made from 100% recycled material and filled with organic product
- A long term, green solution with a 75 year warranty and 120 year design life
- Creation of further habitat for nature within your building/stabilisation work